Monday

success! another cafe!

I found another cafe that let me photograph in Leeds market. I dont know how I missed it. I think I must have been pissed off from that guy not letting me take photos and just gave up there and then. I went back to the market today anway and the girl who was working was really niec and let me take photos. It is your typical greasy spoon cafe as you can tell by the photos I took.


















I asked her her opinion on greasy spoon caffs. She said:

'They're just part of the culture arn't they? you know, proper working class kind of cafes. Everyone knows everyone, you can have a chat without feeling pressured in to having to leave as soon as your done. They have this reputation about them being really dingy and yeah they are, but its what makes them so unique. They've got much more character about them than any posh place.'

Hand made signs are everywhere and it really does remind me of something that my nanna would have gone too when she was younger. The girl said I could photograph her and as long as i asked permission from the customers then it was fine. I found it a bit scary asking the customers as i don't yet quite know how to approach them, but I got a few photos. I think I need to be able to engage in conversation with the customers more and talk with staff so I can get a better feel of the cafes that Im photographing as it'll help me loads in getting better photos.

No comments: