Sunday

Screen Printing workshop

I've wanted to screen print for ages and so took this oppertunity to print some work for the project. Idealy I would have had a drawing or illustration that I could have screen printed, but I used a photograph instead that I took from Bettys Tea Rooms. It was more of a complex process than I initially thought, as lots of photocopying, tippex-ing, sectioning etc are involved but I think I grasped it quite well. Im not going to use any of the prints in my final piece, as they are no where near enough good quality! I wanted to use this to learn a new skill and wiould love to do future projects that involve this process. The original photograph I used wasn't of brilliant quality so I think if I had had a better photo then the overall prints would have been more striking. I really liked Kate's prints as they were illustrations and type work she had designed, and along with olli's drawing of a rabbit they seemed to be the most succesfull prints. As Iam not a huge fan of drawing as I prefer taking photos and making things, it's definatly something that I will take into comsideration after todays workshop, as it has shown me that drawing is an important part in any design work. The colours are very basic and not what I would have chosen to print with, but they show what I was trying to achieve in the prints. I really enjoyed doing this today.

No comments: