Monday

MARTIN PARR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ahhhhh so excited. I went to the Martin Parr talk today in the lecture hall, it was BRILLIANT! He's one of my favoutite photographers and a really important influence in this project. He gave such an interetsing talk and it was great to see his photograph collection spanning the last 40 years.

I love his style of photography and have always wondered how he managed to achieve such good photos, as some of them are really up close shots of people that I dont think I could do. I asked him how he went about taking them, and what peoples responses were. He told me that it's just having the confidence as a photographer to go up and take them. Sometimes he doesnt tell people he's taking them, which now a days in particular could get me into a bit of trouble, but its all about confidence. He said that you'll find people who dont want to be photographed but thats life and you have to deal with it. It something Im definatly going to work on. I really want to make a good book of photographs and even though I have only been able to photograph so little cafes, I need to make the most of what I have and persue it.

No comments: